Saturday, July 20, 2013

Why?



From what I've read Pokerstars is this ultracool site where there is this ultracool software that cooly makes the games more cool because it makes a cool framework for coolness. But the uncool facts continue to prove out the actual uncoolishness.

Inconsistency in the lobby and registration screens. Like maybe you have something to hide?

Since my dog decided to cool out and sleep I thought I might actually waste some time on a huge multiplayer game. My excitement for this was cooled when the registration screen didn't display normally. Instead of the usual cool list of what cool dudes and dudettes are waiting to play I get that 71 of 180 players are waiting and that the cool sit and go will begin when 180 cool players are sitting at the tables.

From a software standpoint this is pretty fucking stupid. If it was a private game that the names are hidden it would be easier to just not make it available. If it's just one of those randomly generated tables there's no good reason to not show the player list. And it's not like Pokerstars has gone on record and said that play money tables where Chris Moneymaker (or insert your favorite poker pro here) is sitting at won't show the player list before registration is complete.

I am amazed and confused at how Internet poker in general and PokerStars in particular can be so impossibly bad and I'm the only one that notices anymore. Ostriches with your head in the sand denying the evidence. Ostriches are not cool. They live in warm climates.

No comments: