Saturday, February 15, 2014

I'm Inspired



There's no doubt that I'm not playing against real people. Flags from countries other than your origin. So I've chosen an avatar from the list that is surely weird. I'm now officially Micronesian.

I seriously doubt that Micronesia has ever fielded a winter Olympics sports team. Maybe they traveled to Burundi or Nepal to talk about their big plans on how they would one day conquer the world when the next ice age moves in and their lugers would rule the world. The only thing in there way is the Jamaican bobsled team.

If PokerStars was on the up and up they could have done a little bit of research on what countries actually are participating in the Olympics. Heaven forbid someone actually has to put in any effort to make that look realistic. Lets just throw some AI out there that never had to go through a real registration process and give them an Olympic avatar.

From past experience I know they hate the "My bike is red" scenario. Insane chat that deserves an immediate response that doesn't arrive because AI doesn't chat. Let me repost it for the newbies:

My bike is red
It's shiny
Streamers on the handlebars
Baseball card in the spokes
Banana seat
Oh yeah, it's tricked out
My bike tells me to worship Satan and kill my parents

You gotta admit that once you get to that last one if nobody has responded something really weird is going on. Usually I got through the entire list until the last before someone acknowledged my existence.

So tonight I'm going to create a new Micronesian version of this. Spinner dolphins. Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands.

No comments: