Friday, February 7, 2014

Pokerstars Avatar Madness



I really don't know why they bother and try anymore. Maybe I'm the most fun the bored admins have in their surely dwindling base of real players to fuck with. Some things are subtle. Some things scream out, "What the Fuck??!?" This is one of the latter.

Remember, I've been poking around here for two decades and I've seen a lot of really weird shit beyond the obvious non-random cards. I really would like to change my avatar from an empty table screenshot to something a bit more personal. Like maybe my beloved pit bull. Or a hot Asian chick. Or a photo of that microwaved Dinty Moore beef stew that I enjoyed for dinner. Or Miranda Kerr, despite my displeasure that her divorce ruined the best celebrity couple nickname ever - Kerrbloom.

So why is it that I log in and my avatar is a US flag? I didn't change it. Perhaps someone hacked me and my non-existent constantly cheated free money chip stack was important and PokerStars changed it?

The last times previous to tonight I tried to change my avatar I was always met with a friendly message about how I already changed it once and I couldn't do it. So the hacker theory is blown to hell to just change my avatar. Totally pointless.

It's also not like this is one of those civic pride moments where players avatars are shown as their country during the World Cup. You changed my avatar for the Olympics? And you didn't change all the other US players for the Olympics? I'll tell you why. Because the dwindling base of real players doesn't play against AI that hasn't properly declared a country of origin, yet. Expect to see lots of flags during the duration of the Olympics.

No comments: