Saturday, February 8, 2014

The PokerStars National Pride Con



And there you have it. These "flag" avatars are starting to pop up more frequently. Yet for now far less than half a table has them. It's no coincidence that this happens as the Olympics begin. You see, you're supposed to get all national pridey (real word) and want to represent your country. The genius that thought up this marketing campaign forgot a couple of things or was excluded from some key memos.

First off, national pridey people don't want to play some fucked up bizarre variation of poker that nobody but their close circle of friends might get to see they are pridey.

Next - It's not like I ever got a friendly email or a post log in message that asked me if I wanted my avatar to be changed to m country's flag. I have no choice.

And finally and most obviously. Or maybe not. Since AI has no real country of origin it will take a lot of effort to change all the non-avatar players to show their flag. Hell, there's eve a Bronze Star player here that when they registered never put in a country of origin. For you newbies out there, Bronze Star may be the lowest class of starred player, but it still implies, if a real human, talent and time commitment.

If this degenerates to the point where every single table I sit at has a flag avatar I'm going to laugh my ass off. I've already called my ass replacement doctor because this is a serious possibility.

No comments: