Monday, August 27, 2012

Introduction

Hi. My name is Jim. I live in northeast USA and I play a lot of poker. I've played over a million hands. And only the free money tables, even before US players weren't allowed to play for real money.

The reason I do this is some weird sense of self-validation and an argument with a friend who was playing for real money. He has graciously admitted I'm right.

I have developed a peculiar skill set over my life. Superhuman math skills being the son of a math teacher. Superhuman powers of observation. I could have been a police if I didn't decide to be an accountant. Superhuman powers of finding ways to get even when cheated at Internet games. Superhuman patience. And that one is the best because there is way too much raising going on.

Somehow PokerStars and every other site I've played on has decided that raising equals competence. Which I'm sure even the top poker pros that play there realize that every once in a while you must admit you have crap and give it up. Way too often I've sat at a table where someone carelessly goes all in on complete bullshit...and it works.

As you will see in the upcoming months and years, unless there is a massive program change, is that it's a database with an infinite chip stack for each player that doesn't have to worry about if they lose. I've struggled for years for my two million chips. And I can find multiple positions that have earned that in a single night.

There's no doubt in my mind that my actions at the tables, this blog and Internet poker knowing I'm right have plastered a big bullseye on me. Despite that I've still managed to gt two million chips. I have two million+ on Absolute. I don't remember what I had on Full Tilt, but it was probably pushing one million.

These chips earned aren't a result of any poker skill. They're a recognition of when I'm at a table filled with artificial intelligence and taking advantage of it. And not being actively cheated by someone associated with the site.

What you are about to find is that I have a weird, sarcastic sense of humor and persistence above and beyond normal. Just like my beloved dog Moose (RIP), I am part pitbull.

No comments: