Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let's Talk About Emoticons and Chat



To back up for a second. My favorite games for something resembling real poker are a two table Hole'em sitter or a one table 5 card draw sitter, playing either high or low. When I want to get chips I play against the two year olds on Omaha high low or 7 stud hi lo.

After an intense 5 draw game that lasted about an a hour with no chat I've reflected on the differences between the two types. And I actually got my butt kicked on a two table Hold'em game before this - another 40 minutes. Almost two hours without a single "nh" or even the ever annoying "zzzzzzzzz" about the slowpokes.

Go to the Rage/Turbo Guts tales and the two year olds simply can't help but mouth off some nonsense continually.

The message is clear. You want to earn a bunch of chips in one night you have to play like a two year old. And if you get your ass handed to you someone will always transfer chips to you. When this free money not real poker bubble bursts the global economy is surely screwed.

But since neither type of table is populated by real people the almost for real games have no chat because AI doesn't chat. The Rage type all in crap has an abundance of meaningless chat. And the cowardly new addition of the emoticons. These are starting to become more prevalent, just like I predicted. Why post "nh" to the person that killed you when three frowny faces express so much more?

And I wonder since I'm not allowed to and have no desire to get robbed at real money tables - does anyone ever use the new emoticon chat options on them? Those of you that read this blog and play for real money, please report.

No comments: