Friday, August 31, 2012

Not Totally Bogus, but Certainly Weird





Let's start with the second screen shot first. I can accept this. Football junkie that likes the college and the pros. Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions...

Which one do I name myself after? The compromise is to name yourself Da Bears and show the Notre Dame logo. The Irish does have a national following.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My current biggest project is investigating the buy ins on 200/400 no limit stud hi-lo. And there continues to be way too many people buying in at the recommended 16k which I personally think is too low. And there's no imagination, no real human thought involved to people constantly buying in at the recommended amount. If you have 18,132 chips you might as well bring them all if you want to play on this table. If you have 225k, why not throw in 25k?

An AI registration program doesn't think like a human (duh.) And since the norm is to play about five hands and leave regardless of the results it seems like, if these were real people, the idea is "Let me play 5 more hands before I sleep. I'll be up in a minute hun."

This guy is at the table and has more than 100k. Let's make two assholeumptions (real word, and it's not an assumption by the asshole, but about the asshole.) First, unlike me, you haven't figured out that tables with a big wait list are loaded with AI just screaming out to take their chips and you earned them the old fashioned way. This means you have some talent. So secondly that means you understand the rules and quirks of the table you sat at.

When it becomes obvious that the pot is going to be split, because of the rake and the eventual split you are going to earn less than you would have if you hadn't raised. Post rake I've made that mistake something like twice before I learned my lesson.

So here we have it. A talented idiot that's not paying attention or AI with the nuts. You decide.

No comments: