Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Haven't Forgotten About You PokerStars

My investigation time is cut way back because I just got a dog (who adores me) and he is quite the pest and demanding on my time. And typing away on the keyboard is a mortal sin in his eyes. I also haven't been able to finish Lawrence Wright's new book and it's due back at the library tomorrow.

Very quickly here I want to point something out. Recently I've posted on how players with stars, usually Bronze, sometimes more advanced, would show up at a play money table. You could hover over their avatar and see exactly which star they had. Some of these starry eyed payers were from the US, and I was imagining what kind of poker addicted mentality would continue to play at free money tables after the time commitment it would take to get that precious star.

Well, you can longer see the star declaration. You can tell what it is by the positioning of the star(s.) So let's assume it's because they read this blog and have modified the program. STOP CHEATING. There. The cheating should end within a couple of weeks, tops. (Please note that this comment is sarcastic.)

Since you can still tell what star level they have and the country of origin this changes little except to maybe disguise the irrationality from a first time real money user testing their metal (on purpose because of bronze, silver and gold for the stars - it's a pun) on the free money tables. And instead of leaving the status quo as is we get this "upgrade." Since your crack IT staff hasn't fixed any of the major issues I've pointed out it seems strange that you focus on one that has no actual impact on the play of the game.

And whether just because the ad campaign expired or they got tired of my Leo Margets attacks the celebrity players at the opening lobby screen are gone.

No comments: