Friday, January 3, 2014

National League of Poker- Are You Serious?



I hate spam as much as the next guy. Weird ass cheap food that fed the troops in WWII. During the lean years Mom would make a meal an occasional Hormel related dinner offering. So I get to reminis...reminas...oh fuck, think about these cheap ass meals and know I never went to bed hungry. Just for a weird retro feeling I think I'm actually going to buy some of it. The dog will like it. He'll pretty much eat anything.

So now spam email is a constant in our misguided global community. Normally it is like a pretend psychic's method of throwing enoungh shit out there that maybe something will stick and you can con some eighty year old woman into writing a check to save homeless Bosnian puppies.

But there are two more dangerous variations of Spam. First off is that any existing cans, despite their vacuum seal and pull top tab can still have the contents compromised. The war is over. The depression is over. Time to let it go.

NLOP was one of the many sites I investigated and found to be just a tad ....who am I kidding .... totally bogus. There was a bit of a different spin. You play for points. You do well enough you get an invite to the tournament that you can win a huge prize on. I consistently made it to the tourney that had the big prize offered. Natch never won it.

I gave up on bothering with these assholes a long time ago. In the meantime the US Justice Department made it illegal to have US players play for real money. And now it's been like at least a decade later and these jackwipes (tm) are sending me an email about how I can be a part of playing for real money games that I'm not allowed to play on. Your crack IT department doesn't recognize the United States?

No comments: