Wednesday, January 29, 2014

No Reaction to Jokes



Yesterday one of my co-workers was waiting for the boss to get off the phone and she was cradling her coffee mug. Another pair of co-workers thought she was holding a camera waiting to take a picture. When it was revealed it was a beverage holding container I spontaneously mentioned that it was a camera for taking mug shots.

The "My Bike is Red" scenario of testing for AI is a planned series of messages in chat to try and elicit a reaction from the table mates. Once you get to the point where you mention that your bike worships Satan and tells you to kill your parents - if there hasn't been a reaction before you've supposedly seen this for the first time it's dubious you are really human. I don't care if the reaction is "WTF?" or "Shut up asshole." It deserves a reaction.

So I sit at a table where there is someone named pepsinorm. Spontaneous humor brain instantly says that there is a pun here. And on a table with nine other opponents not a single one can take the time to acknowledge my existence and the fact that it's the only chat posted all game long.

So I offer this one last joke. How many poker sites does it take to change a light bulb? They don't change them. They hire people to do that while they hide behind non-extradition treaties.

No comments: