Saturday, March 9, 2013

Look at the Stars on My Avatar



There's some collateral damage out there with PokerFrauds push to 95 billion hands. And it's pretty easy to find. By their own rules, as a real money player you start at a Bronze Star, which gives you a star on your avatar in the southeast. Then you play hard and rise up to newer heights.

To get to 95 billion bogus hands PF has created a ton of AI that doesn't have to follow the rules. This investigation was started because of the opposite scenario - why would a starred player waste their time on the most meaningless 5/10 free money game? Because a hand has been dealt and it counts towards the 95 billion.

I can understand it if I see a full real money table where one player doesn't have a star. But when you look at one where nobody has a star it's just plain stupid. Did these guys purposefully put through an effort to shed the star on the avatar? And if so, what is the advantage? Everyone is just raising like crazy so it's not like it's a "tell."

Something I've been meaning to do for a while. This blog has been more in the face of Internet poker fraud than any other. The great debate on whether it is rigged or not has crappy forums loaded with players whining about getting cheated. Somewhere by now I should have had a visitor that makes their living by playing poker and either attack me or tell me that I have a good point.

The peanut gallery is silent.

No comments: