Sunday, March 17, 2013

There's no good excuse for this



Really? There's somebody out there that stole my most wanted moniker of luciferous?

Priapsm? That's when a guy can't have relief from a constant erection. Which is something that the dickless creators of this registration process will never have.

Abderian? Did you even know what the word meant when you chose it for your screen name?

Ablutomania?

Absquatulate?

Acephalous?

These aren't the screen names of an ordinary person. These are the poorly thought out product of a database trying to make it look more realistic by snatching words in a dictionary that someone might want to try and take.

I can understand it if I tried to name myself 'fireman.' There are lots of volunteer fireman that want to kick back and play a few relaxing hands of poker. (Which is a huge oxymoron on this site. Note to self....check if oxymoron has been taken as a screen name.)

I've barely cracked the letter a and I come up with all kinds of obscure words that someone has taken for their name. And I didn't have to sit at a single table and worry about the inevitable bad beat.

We here at The Big Lay Down specialize in thinking outside the box and investigating something other than the cards. Locking down observer chat - you can silence some of your critics that way. Heck, if I was a fucktard admin trying to make it look for real I would want to get away from that. But blocking registration before even playing a single hand?

No good excuse. And at this point in time I doubt that PokerStars has the ability to correct the registration error without spending millions to keep up the facade (note to self - check if facade has been taken as a name) to what surely must be a dwindling cast of real money chumps that think it's for real.

Next week - maybe the letter 'b' but there's way too many obscure 'a' words.

No comments: