Friday, March 22, 2013

The Deathbed Wish



I have a license to be insensitive. Mostly because I'm a shallow 'following around what the tiny head wants me to do' kind of guy. And through my tiny head's directions (that's a euphemism for penis if you didn't know) I've stumbled on to doing guy tiny head kind of stuff. Like beer, poker and football.

My Dad smoked too much, drank too much and the only exercise in the later years of his life was shaking the Yahtzee cup and marking down the score on his pad of Yahtzee scorecards. Congestive heart failure was what finished him off.

Part of my license to be insensitive is the chat on PokerStars. There's some idiot like 1TOAST that feels the need to post "ED" after every win. And this blog is mostly about the lack of humanity and how it's a relatively badly programmed database instead of an interface.

I highly doubt that you are on your deathbed at home with 1/3rd of your heart capacity and you're killing time by playing on PokerStars. It's not enough for PokerStars to defy math, now they have to defy medical science. Maybe this is just an advanced form of the "I have to go" trick where you are supposed to go all in without making a real game play position on what your cards are thinking that this chump is ready to lose.

Since I'm insensitive I don't care about your problems. When your heart is only working at 35% capacity you're probably lying in bed and wondering if you'll wake up the next day. With your immediate family next to you crying. And you're not using the last energy your frail dying body has to enjoy poker on one of the most meaningless tables that is out there.

The cards are fake.
The players are fake.
The chat is fake.

Fake you PokerStars

No comments: