Saturday, September 29, 2012

Finding a Game, or Maybe Not

























Please take note of the upper left showing the table name and the lower right showing the time.

When I first found Longie Boy (Can I call you that? Lon? The Lonmeister? Lonalicious? Big Daddy Lon?) he/she/it was putting some real money, or maybe not, at 12 different low level real money tables. This is before 6 pm EST. Now here it is just before 2 am EST and he/she/it is still locked in mortal combat with the same opponent.

It's a staring contest. The first that blinks loses.

I could be kind and try to make some points rationalizing why two people would show up at so many tables and sit out against each other without others joining. I could be kind and try and guess why it would be fun to stay logged in for six hours and not play, but let me just cut to the chase and say that it's bullshit.

Since, paradoxically, not acting rational is one of my super human talents I can and will continue to find this. No sane human that by law isn't allowed to play at these tables would ever bother even looking at them. And I have the confidence of knowing that on so many tables with different seating arrangements that being accused of Photoshopping this would take way too long.

It's a hiccup in the AI registration process. It's not real people, but the server presenting two fake positions that aren't programmed to wake up and play against each other.

Observer chat has been shut down at all tables. I can't copy chat and paste it into Babylon anymore. I predict that the "Find a Player" option in the lobby is the next upgrade PokerStars makes because it doesn't serve them any benefit. AI doesn't search for AI and I search for AI.

No comments: