Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Grammar Police







What this shows is that there is a single person in control of multiple positions that got caught up in the exciting (sarcasm) chat so much that a gihugic mistake is made.

First of all, let me say again that I hate that the single term of endearment on Internet poker chat is 'hun.' Hardly ever sweetie. Never 'dude' or 'babe' or other minimal character typing options. It's hun. I feel like I've time traveled and I'm facing the Mongol hordes armed with laptops.

but I luvs the rat dearly she is good peeps
yeah she is good peps no doubt

Not too damaging other than it made me watch longer. Texting shorthand confusion with how many people you're talking about. Too much trouble to say 'she is a good person.'

But the big mistake is that there was an explanation on why this particular table was so cool that someone just needed to sit a it. "I'm not much of a stud player, I came to the table finding Imustagirl" which I forgive that the screen name has a 'j' that was missed.

Two minutes later it's "I'm here because Suz is, I'm not a hi/low player, you want to move or stay on hun?"

I'll give you a paragraph or two to digest what is so monumentally wrong with that. Give ya the chance to figure it out before I post the point.

I do have 2.5+ million chips. I don't need them. I play poker almost every day and for several hours. My focus is the lack of humanity, and currently what goes in the chat is at the top of my list. I've been observing real money tables lately and I haven't seen anything meaningful. A couple of nhs. A dribble of emoticons. Nothing that made me think that what I was watching was real people with cash on the line.

The only thing missing from this conversation was caps lock. I'm supposed to believe that these idiots have enough to free money to buy in to the game.

OK. Figured it out yet?

At first the non stud hi-lo player is looking for a particular opponent. Two minutes later the excuse for being at my table is a different opponent.

Yourself.

Hey hun, you're the only one at the table with moniker that includes Suz.

Oops.

No comments: