Saturday, November 24, 2012

Avitas and 40k







I'm supposed to be excited about the milestone of three million chips. What's more important to me is the lack of humanity on this table.

I just picked one at random. Actually I didn't expect this was the one to put me at three mill.

It's a weird time for an EST player, which I am. The US real money market is gone. It's kind of a normal time in Europe. Why are there less than a hundred thousand players at the table? This should be a peak time for activity. With a one dollar maximum rake on a high end stud hi-lo table I tend to think that it would be swarming with lots of non USA action.

But, no, the real action is US players on free money tables. Where you aren't allowed to bet by calculation and instinct. The rules are dictated to you. And the poorly programmed AI meets these rules.

A couple of months ago. Damn, actually all of this year, the "cool" way to play was to use time and get the time bank up on the screen. This still happens, but not as much as the collective unintelligence was doing previously. Now the collective unintelligence has decided that the proper bet isn't all in. No, it's 40k.

I've played with Avitas before. And he/she/it never bet 40k exactly before. (I think.)

Regardless, now I'm going to start actively checking on betting 40k.

No comments: