Monday, November 5, 2012

Cleaning up the Mess



















Now let's remember that I don't count as I'm an investigator and not really concerned about my chip stack. So as I wait for two hours before being allowed to sit at a table I'm actually not interested in playing a single hand.

Here we have the usual Sit Out avatar flashy message that we've all grown to love. I've got a theory working on this. And let me back up a sec on this. It's a Randy449 table, so it's immediately identified as bullshit.

Numerous screen shots in recent history have shown that players posting big and small blinds have the chips being removed from them correctly, but the graphics don't show that. After reading this blog PokerStars has finally got their crack IT team (them and their dogs) to fix this with an additional hundred chips thrown out into the table. And you've changed the minimum buy in to match what your AI is buying in at. Good job at cleaning up two problems. But you've added a new one to the list in addition to the flash avatar sit out message.

I think the flashy avatar sit out message is bad computer code that the player is supposed to sit out, but they misdirected the line of code to the avatar. Dwindling resources. No US market to cheat. Gotta save some bucks and not give the IT team a well deserved raise. So let's just let the bad program run on way too long because Xenu is the only one that noticed.

Here's the new problem. Messi has joined the table with no avatar. And mid-game switches to a pair of luscious lips. This did get a reaction from one position, but it doesn't get the proper reaction like the flashy avatar thingie.

The proper reaction is, "How the fuck did you change your avatar in the middle of the game?" "Why was I trying to sit out and I can't?" "Why do you keep flashing Sit Out? Like Xenu I'm a real person and it concerns me." Not a peep about the weirdness.

When I logged in there was no update to possibly explain any of the changes. And I missed the screen shot, but there was a big and small blind posted without the change to the extra 100 thrown in in.

Balls in your court. Time for the IT department to fix something that should never have happened in the first place if this multibillion scam was on th up and up.

No comments: