Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Fiscal Cliff





http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2012/hog-heaven-m1sspiggy-wins-66k-in-pokerst-124696.html

As a real person who has invested so much of my life into the goings on of Internet poker I mostly just butt heads with artificial intelligence and admins that try to make it look for real. I've learned to be quiet in the chat because it's just counter-productive. Admins don't like to be reminded that they know they are cheating.

Know let's expand admins to the entire staff of a multi-billion industry site.

These bonus hands on their push to 90 billion hands have been, in general, an embarrassment to PokerStars, my intelligence and an insult to anybody, that like me, has witnessed over a million hands of poker.

And now with this hard evidence, it's time to go public. It's not like I lied about my name and email address when I first registered. And I still wonder at why they didn't do the sane thing of finding an excuse to delete my account. (Maybe because years ago I stopped complaining about the bad beats online?)

There's a reason for those bad beats. Two actually. Serious non-random cards and AI that displays the most bizarre and ridiculous betting patterns (yes, on the free money tables from what I've seen, but it surely holds true for all tables) and a general lack of humanity in the chat. And let's throw in the creation of weird games that the site acknowledges like Badugi and the weird player dictated games like Rage where when you don't play by those rules you are a donk and/or a crasher. I feel so evil and unworthy for not going all in. I hide my shame in my foldedness (real word.)

It's mathematically impossible enough that Pigtard was involved in hand 89,970,000,000 heads up when mathematically it would be more likely to fall into, say, something like a nine player table. But now this piece of AI is also the winner of the big bucks on the 90 billionth hand, too.

I've been more passive about the cheating than I should. So now I'm thinking of going seriously public about this. FBI? New York Times? Gawker? Huffington Post? 2+2 forum? Daisy's Garden Club?

This is the most seminal moment of my life. The odds that this can happen are less than zero. And for ages PokerStars just keeping on creating new AI positions and letting them churn out hand versus hand of other AI positions.

Did I mention the odds of being involved in two milestone hands yet? Where one was on a two player table AND you where the big winner?

No comments: