Friday, December 28, 2012

It's Poker *Stars* - it's all About Those Magic Stars





I have a confession to make. I've been logged in a lot lately without playing.

There are several reasons for this. The front runner is that things are set in impossible mode - actually playing is a losing format. Before today the few hands I played were out of sheer boredom. It's more fun for me to watch a table be instantly declared AIOF and watch a poker game that isn't real poker and bust on the stupidity of it.

So as I polish off my second malt liquor of what will be at least three I offer you this observation on human nature ad Xenu being a target.

After a bit of research I discovered what the stars around the avatar means. I'll find you a Super Nova before the third malt liquor ends.

Bronze star, Silver Star, Tin Cup with a Rusty Bottom Star. Whatever. These stars all require playing for real money and an assumed level of competence. One would think that you would stick to your real money games and your assumed level of competence and leave the free money tables alone.

But here I am after a mild amount of success after losing 3 million chips playing all in or fold the past few weeks and you and your bronze star have decided to interrupt it with a 5k buy in. Your star license should be revoked and all your chips should be donated to the free money homeless shelters.

Other than a stalker checking up on me there's no good excuse for a bronzed star player buying it only 5k on a what is a meaningless table to them.

No comments: