Saturday, December 22, 2012

Scientology's Vulture Ministers Invade PokerStars



I'll start with an apology because I just know what's going to happen next. I'm going to be made to look like I'm the bad guy. But, I have the confidence of donating 15% of my paychecks this year to charity, so I deserve to blow off a little steam.

Nothing can take away the tragedy of Sandy Hook or 9/11. Or countless other tragedies. As a defunct species we grieve and move on. A friend of mine lost his daughter to leukemia before her fourth birthday. That was the hardest funeral I've ever attended. And I don't mention this to belittle anyone's grief at the loss of a loved one.

I lost my best friend in the world, my dog, about a year and half ago. I grieved and moved on. And the timing was all wrong. Fourth of July holiday and Sunday when nothing is open. I've got a dead dog in my living room (sorry buddy, I really wanted to spare you that and put you to sleep before the agony.)

Four days later I get a call on my cellphone which is pretty much reserved for emergencies and family. And resetting my Google password.

"Are you the guy looking for a German Shepherd puppy?"

This is not a coincidence. I put my cell phone number on the paperwork to dispose of my best friend's carcass. I sent a nasty letter which I knew wasn't going to accomplish anything other than blowing off some steam.

Now, on to the Scientology bit.

I was on board the anti-Scientology bandwagon about six years ago. I don't have the energy to recount all of their specific crimes. Scientology has a "front group" fake arm that I like to call the Vulture Ministers. You get a T-shirt and get some sun and a boat load of "Way to Hapinnes" pamphlets. Go at'em boy! recruit and we will clear this planet of those evil alien billions of space beasties! Instead of helping with (and John Travolta is on record for this) "touch assists" these sheeple just get in the way of those that really care about doing something good.

As an extremely active Internet poker I've butted heads against bluestar before. And it's always been watch him join the mindless all in tables. Blue has changed he/she/its avatar to a Newtown ribbon. Maybe if it happened the day after the tragic shooting I could take you seriously. But here and now it just makes you look like you want to pretend to be compassionate.

No comments: