Sunday, December 2, 2012

Let's Talk About Poker Bots

















A challenger to my holding the position of the foremost critic of Internet poker has arisen.

fuckpokerstars.com

He's on the right track, but just needs a little bit of direction to get him up to my level.

The word 'bots' thrown around to explain Internet poker cheating doesn't make sense. It implies there is a single position that somehow managed to create an account and cheat. It's the site that's a cheat.

Or maybe I'm just jealous that he's got the production values to make videos.

No, my evidence is better. Bad beats on pocket kings is weird, but it happens all the time. I've seen this often enough that when I was presented with my second consecutive pocket pair of kings I didn't say, "Cool." I said, "Danger Spidey!"

The cheating on PokerStars is more deeply rooted than the outcome of a single hand. It's the background of playing on a big database that has no concern for the real rules of poker.

This allegedly Canadian guy is a member of the exclusive club of Rage players. Rage play is so fucking stupid that a person with a real brain like me wouldn't have anything to do with it. And that's why I watch instead of play.

You can hover over the avatar of a "player" and see how many chips the "player" has. And there's no good excuse for why at the table you have 40k, and in the lobby you have 12k. Every single time.

There's no way a real person can log in and pretend to have 12k in the lobby and 40k at the table. Therefore it must be the site. And if the site is raking in millions/billions and can't fix this simple bug it's rigged.

No comments: