Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fake Non-English and the Useless Moderators







The background story for the first shot is that some weiner schnitzel from Germany butted up against our favorite piece of AI, 1TOAST, with his one not very funny joke. Someone complained about his Non-English chat and his excuse was that his English wasn't so good.

News flash, your German isn't so good. I typed "schieb der dein ed sonscht wo nei" into Babylon, which I can understand may not be perfect but you should be able to manage a translation of the Babylon translation to get the gist of it. The Babylon translation is "Wrote of the thy ed sonscht where nei."

Just like "I will sign up for the quit" typed by an English speaking person this pretty much makes no fucking sense at all.

The next picture is of the moderator arriving and declaring that the issue was being ignored and that play could go on with no chastising. More on this in a bit.

Now I don't care that I don't have the screen shot(s) that prove this, but this was the Spanish phrase posted that someone called the moderator about Non-English. "No pillo ni una escalara" which means the brilliantly thought out "Pillo not be scaled or a." Wow. We should hook these two guys up. They would make great drinking buddies.

And the point is. The moderators are fairly useless as often when they have turned up it's been to say, "Oh, we only handle chat issues." If you want to see that this is not true go back a bit here and lock at the post about Phase. The moderator was called several times when the one main complainer whined about the stalking. Eventually he made the suggestion to use the option to hide from finding feature. This is certainly not a chat issue.

There are so many things wrong with the chat.

Play for hours without chat at all, not even one simple "nh."
Posting things that make absolutely no sense.
People pretending to be a foreigner including country they registered with. (How's that working out for you? Did you gain any extra chips?)

What little chat there is shown is a cover story for making the casual observer think that there is a table of real people having a fun game of poker when it's not. And the moderators are a slightly more advanced, but still bogus cover story. You see, you can trust me because I'm a moderator and I'm looking out for the best interest of my clients.

So I've concocted a very believable story on why a moderator should be interested in chat issues reported by a player that isn't seated. The wait list on the table I was waiting for was a pretty substantial seven players long. Let's pretend that I didn't know it was rigged. I've been excited about playing poker lately and I've been talking about it at family gatherings for the holidays. My ten year old nephew Timmy wants to watch me play. So we huddle up near the computer. A flame war erupts that finally culminates in an exchange something like this:

"Shut the f uck up faggot u don't know how to play the game.
"U shut up and $uck my dikk."

Imagine my horror at Timmy seeing this. So as a concerned adult and ask the moderator to tell them to knock it off.

"Sorry dude. I'm on break and you aren't seated. Have a nice day."

Not
Real
Moderators

No comments: