Friday, October 5, 2012

U Got Betted From There







Strangely I was just looking to play instead of busting. But when given a gift you sometimes just have to graciously accept it.

The reason I chose the table I did was that there was absolutely no chat. I join and I'm first in line for the game. I load up Microsoft solitaire and play until my seat becomes available, which was a surprisingly long five minutes. Since my solitaire window is smaller than the table window I can see that there has been no chat during that time.

Immediately after I sit there is a huge flurry of chat activity. And naturally it makes absolutely no fucking sense.

For starters it's whining not whinning.

Not as bad as "I will sign up the quit." Which to this day I still have absolutely no idea what it means. In this case I think I know what was meant. You(U) got betted from there probably means that you got bluffed. I hover my cursor over the avatar and the offender is shown to be from the United States. Seriously, what English speaking poker player with the ability to acquire the 40k minimum to sit at this table doesn't know the word bluff?

Next up we have the explanation for losing a hand. You see, I did it on purpose because then I make myself a target. Everyone else is gunning for me.

WTF? I can't remember the last time that my random(not)cards were able to make a specific other player lose.

Finally we have "brb, lol I'm making breaky." The least offensive of the transgressions, but a curious choice of words. A simple brb is all that needs to be said if you are taking a break. Making breaky is not cute or funny. It just makes you look like a low grade moron.

After these gems I lingered around for another twenty minutes hoping for me, but I was made. Not a single character of chat.

No comments: