Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Seat Numbers at PokerStars



I've posted about this before. After almost two weeks of not seeing it I thought maybe the message was received and they had given up on it.

Seat number 4 is bad. Very bad. There's bubblegum stuck underneath, cigarette ash burns on the material and it calls directory assistance for numbers it can easily look up on its own. Bad seat. No treats for you tonight.

Well geniuses, let me clue you in. There are no seat numbers and posting in chat about them (this is the third time in recent history) makes no sense. Without specifically identified seat numbers the next step in logic makes one guess that it would make sense based on your position relative to the dealer- not the player with the dealer button but the graphic of the dealer. The most sense would be in the direction of movement of the dealer button. Next most sense would be the opposite direction.

I'll give you another paragraph after this to digest what's wrong with that. Anybody that does gets a free Big Lay Down T-shirt. But I will have to charge $5.99 postage and handling.

I take advantage of what is for me a nice option. Maybe it's because I'm extremely left eye dominant. Maybe subconscious superstition. But I like to see my position in the lower right hand corner of the screen. And the multitude of screen shots posted here show that. So my seat is kind of random.

OK? Figure it out yet? In nearly two decades of messing with PokerStars the graphic of the dealer's stack of chips and the cute little leather sleeve that shows the rake is ALWAYS at the top of the screen. Which, without specifically assigned seat numbers makes every personal player's viewing of other seat numbers personal to them.

Just another one of those tables with an insane amount of chat that tries to make it look like it makes sense when it really has no basis in reality.

But what comes next is better.

No comments: